our history

Agiliss, an ageless passion

Agiliss, previously known as Tiremaster Foods division, started as a small corner shop selling principally rice, pulses and spices in 1954. Initiated by his father Dan and his uncle Mohun, Rajesh Ramdenee started his career in this small corner shop where he held a multitude of roles.

In 1992, Mr Rajesh Ramdenee, started Tiremaster, a company which originally started with the wholesale and retail of tyre brands and related services through a modern state-of-the-art showroom, a pioneer at the time. In 1995, his father and uncle passed down the corner shop business to him which he added as a separate division to the existing Tyres business. He eventually diversified the food business to include a packaging plant and gradually expanded the product portfolio as well as the supplier and customer network. During the first year of Tiremaster Food Division, there were 5 employees, 20 products and a Rs 50M turnover, but there was always the vision to become a leading FMCG company of Mauritius.


Today, the business is now one of the largest distribution centres on the island with more than 8,000 m2 of storage, the biggest in terms of metric volume distributed across Mauritius, 400 SKUs, a turnover of more than Rs 1 billion and with a team of 300 employees.


With this transformation and at the dawn of further growth, it was timely to create a new identity that is solid, modern and avant-garde, playing on our major assets to expand our portfolio of international brands; strengthening our image and positioning and serving as a springboard for regional and international markets. Hence, Agiliss was born.


Today, our passion to serve Mauritius has helped make us who we are today at Agiliss. We have preserved our humility while focusing on providing value to our customers and consumers to make an impact on the lives of Mauritians for the better.